Parents make a difference!
Join the PTA Board for 2017/2018
There are many opportunities to help at Alston Ridge next year!
Benefits of Being Involved with the PTA
- Create a strong school by working directly with the principal and teachers.
- Support students and teachers.
- Build collaborative relationships with teachers.
- Build your own skill set in preparation for returning to work.
- Build your resume.
- Network and build friendships with parents.
Open board positions and roles ~ (All board members attend monthly board meetings)
- President - Oversee board members and their committees
- Treasurer- Oversee Budget and Financial Committee
- Secretary- Oversee Membership and Board Meetings
- VP of Communications- Oversee Room Parents, Website, Newsletter, Facebook
- VP of Social Staff - Oversee Staff Treats, Staff Appreciation, and Stock the Staff Lounge
- VP of Academic Programs- Oversee Assemblies, Science Expo, Edukits, EOG gifts,
- VP of Wellness Programs - Oversee Wellness Committee, Yoga Club, Gallant Gator, Red Ribbon Week, Gardens
- VP of Merchant Fundraising - Oversee Spirit Nights, Box Tops, R City Rocks, Spirit Wear, Edukits
- VP of Major Fundraising- Oversee Fun Run, Book Fair, Art By Me
Open Committee positions~
Room Parent Coordinator, Newsletter, Website, Stock the Staff Lounge, Staff Treats, Assemblies, Science Expo, Gallant Gator, Gardens, Fun Run, Book Fair, Spirit Nights, Spirit Wear, Family Nights, Reflections, Stock the Staff Lounge, Food Trucks and more.
All positions will be provided training and support. The sooner you join in, the more training you will receive!
When we all help together, we create a dynamic school!